Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Landscape Inspector to join our team! In this role you will get to perform difficult and sometimes complex inspection tasks to ensure compliance with all applicable codes, standards, and specifications.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Ensure performance of the work in strict accordance with the plans and specifications.
- Maintain a detailed diary of the day’s work activities, issues, work approved or rejected, hours of operation, labor and equipment used, etc., and sign at the end of each day.
- Interface with the public, especially residents and business owners adjacent to the work, to mitigate the construction impacts.
- Coordinate with the Contractor’s foreman in charge of the work daily to check on the proper execution of the work.
- Coordinate with the Materials Technician and arrange for sampling and testing of satisfactorily completed work, and quality assurance testing of suspect materials.
- Coordinate with the Survey Party Chief to check the line and grade of completed work for conformance with the plans and specifications.
- Report questionable methods of operation by the Contractor to the Resident Engineer.
- Report to the Resident Engineer any failure of the Contractor to conform to plans and specifications and to provide good workmanship.
- Process the joint measurement forms and maintain records of their status.
- Maintain records of completed works for interim and final payment and as- built plans.
- Maintain detailed records of work performed by the contractor on a Day Works basis.
- Make special notes and document the Contractor’s activities that may lead to claims.
- Be fair and firm in dealings with the Contractor. Consider alternatives and consequences carefully before making decisions.
- Issue instructions to the Foreman in charge of the work and do not argue with the Contractor or his representatives.
- Notify the Resident Engineer of conditions that render it impractical or unreasonable to enforce the specifications.
- Report and document any accident that occurs on site and notify the Resident Engineer immediately.
- Enforce performance of the work in strict accordance with the approved Safety Plan.
- Check detours and traffic control zones for proper placement of signs, barricades, and lights.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Diploma in Engineering (Landscape, Irrigation or related course).
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in construction supervision of landscape works in UAE.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Candidate must be in the UAE.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.